Memory Verse: But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23
Today's Fruit of the Spirit: Goodness
Bible Story from Luke 23:18-37
Younger Kids (Grades K-2) Review Questions:
1. What does goodness mean? (It means to do what is best for those around you.)
2. Is God good? Does God have goodness? (Yes! He is the best and he always does what is best for us.)
3. What is the best thing God did to save us? (God sent Jesus to save sinners.)
4. How did Jesus save sinners? (By dying on the cross and raising from the grave.)
5. When the mean people were killing and making fun of Jesus what did Jesus do? (Jesus wanted what was best for them and asked God the Father to forgive them.)
6. Does God tell us to be good and loving toward others? (Yes)
7. Whose help do we need to be good? (God’s, The Holy Spirit)
8. How can we be good to others? (If we love and trust Jesus, He will give us the Holy Spirit to help us be good to others.)
Older Kids (Grades 3-5) Review Questions:
1. What did Jesus leave behind in heaven?
2. What did Jesus have to go through on earth to pay for our sins?
3. How did Jesus actively do what was best for others?
4. What did Jesus pray for the people who were killing him?
5. How do we get the Fruit of the Spirit?
6. What are some times in your life right now when you can ask God to help you to have goodness?
7. Who are some people in your life right now that God might be asking you to trust him for strength to show goodness to?
Song of Response / Christmas Song