Younger Kids Questions
Mini Point 1: God’s children pray to the Father.
1. Does anybody remember who God’s children pray to? The Father
2. What is the Father like?
3. Why do you think it is such a great thing to talk to Him?
Mini Point 2: God’s children pray because of Jesus.
4. Think back to large group...who makes it possible for God’s children to pray to the Father? Jesus, the Son
5. How does He make it possible? He hangs the line – makes a connection between the Father and His children
6. Why is it impossible for someone to come to the Father without Jesus? Because they are still dead in their sin, deserving of death, and not made pure and holy toapproach a God who is separate from sin
7. Why is Jesus the only way to the Father? Because Jesus is the only sinless one who took the punishment of death for sinners, so that when we love and trust Him we don’t have to be separate from God
Mini Point 3: God’s children pray with the help of the Holy Spirit.
8. Does anybody remember who helps God’s children pray? The Holy Spirit
9. What do you think it means that the Holy Spirit helps God’s children pray? He takes our weak prayers and makes them strong
Open and read Romans 8: 26
Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groaning too deep for words.
10. What is something you can do when you feel like you don’t know how or what to pray? Remember that the Holy Spirit helps you; ask the Holy Spirit to teach you and show you how to pray and what to pray for
Older Kids Questions
1. Why can sinners be redeemed? (Because Jesus paid the debt they owe to God for sin.)
2. How can sinners be redeemed? (By confessing their sin and turning away from it to follow Jesus.)
3. Finish this sentence: “I can trust God because He is...”(Redeeming)
4. What questions do you have about trusting God because He is redeeming?