: Thank you Luke for sharing about your neighborhood, District 4, and for leading us in prayer for your district. It was great to hear about the mentorship opportunities in the local public schools in your neighborhood, especially with students that are struggling in the classroom and often at home--what's great is that mentorship programs are a way to serve our neighborhoods regardless of where we live! As we continue to pray for District 4 this week, here are facts about the district, so that as we learn more about our neighborhoods, we can better love and serve them as Christ calls us to.
- The primary neighborhoods of District 4 are the Sunset District and Parkside.
- The Sunset District is the largest district in San Francisco.
- The population is over 80,000 people.
- District 4 is estimated to be 53% Asian, 40% White, 4% Hispanic, and 2% Black.
- About half of the residents of District 4 were born overseas.
- About of the residents have a bachelors degree or higher.
Potential ideas for prayer: the churches in the Sunset, like our partners at Sunset Church, and that the increasing population of young professionals would hear the gospel.